All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEvery motorcyclist dreams of that magic moment when a friend or acquaintance says, You kw, I kw where there's this old bike that's been sitting at the back of this garage for years With those momentous words the hunt is launched. Too often the machine revealed is a worthless pile of hopeless rust, but sometimes, just sometimes, it's a collector's dream; a genuine classic motorcycle. Author Tom Cotter has scoured the motorcycle collector ranks to find the best 'barn find' tales. From well-kwn collectors like Dale Walksler (Wheels Through Time Museum) and Tonight Show host Jay Le, to motorjournalist Ken Gross, to lucky bike freaks you've never heard of but whose finds you will envy; theirs are the stories that keep the barn-find dream alive. The Vincent in the Barn offers 40 stories of motorcycle-hunting dreams come true. From Ducatis in basements to Vincents piled in sheds, Harleys in barns to British bikes mouldering behind urban garages, these are the stories that fuel every motorcyclist's moto-fantasies. Cycle World magazine tells readers, You never kw what you might find in a barn, back of a garage or under a dusty tarp...Tom Cotter continues his entertaining search for motorized treasure. Motorcycle Classics magazine calls it ...a thoroughly fun romp through a corner of the hobby most of us wish we inhabited - and swear we someday will.
- Author BiographyTom Cotter (Davidson, NC) writes regularly for Road & Track and other magazines and has a deep-seated love for motorcycle and automotive rescue. He has written four books on the lure of collector vehicle archaeology, the award-winning The Cobra in the Barn, The Hemi in the Barn, The Corvette in the Barn, and The Harley in the Barn. Cotter also recently authored the biography of drag racing legend Tommy Ivo.
- Author(s)Tom Cotter
- PublisherMotorbooks International
- Date of Publication15/07/2013
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMotorbooks International
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight594 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byDavid Edwards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.28
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.54
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.78
- AU $33.32Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $48.86
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $25.01Trending at AU $27.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.