Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.27
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $28.67
- AU $19.38Trending at AU $21.28
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $44.85
- AU $22.48Trending at AU $30.23
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $44.61
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $9.18
About this product
- DescriptionElegant images and illustrations adorn the pages of Angel Adoree's delightful book, which is brimming with style and recipe ideas -The Times Party like its 1949 - Irish Independent Angel Adoree cordially invites you to accompany her on a journey to create your perfect vintage tea party year! Angel is the founder of The Vintage Patisserie, a popular vintage hosting company offering bespoke tea parties from a bygone era, delivering everything from music, makeovers and - of course - a customised menu of tea party treats that elevate any function into a swanky soiree. The Vintage Tea Party Year takes you on twelve months of parties,celebrations and tea-time treats as well as introducing more games and craft projects for your chosen theme. See the New Year in with vintage style, make Valentine's Day extra special, give every child their dream tea party, find inspiration for weddings and baby showers, be the talk of the town with your own summer street party and wrap up for winter with a vintage-inspired Christmas. Angel's inimitable style will take you on a seasonal journey and help you put on the perfect tea party whatever the occasion. Your vintage year includes...I NTRODUCTION Hello! Can you tell already that the era of vintage is a considerable source of inspiration for me? On these pages, I explain how the past has influenced my present and future, and suggest how to use this book to plan your own vintage-style party. NEW YEAR'S EVE TEA PARTY To end your year on a high te and start the next as you mean to go on, look further - that is, if you intend to go on in decadence, glamour, indulgence...This chapter showcases my most fabulous New Year's Eve party ideas, so that you can give the event the attention it deserves, then let your hair down in style (or go for an uber-elegant vintage up-do perhaps?). CHILDREN'S TEA PARTY Roll up, roll up! Who doesn't love the circus, what with its bright colours, crazy costumes and giddy, gleeful sense of fun? The spirit of the circus plus yummy treats dreamed up in kiddy heaven equals a spectacular party to live on in the memories of kids and grown-up kids alike! COMING OF AGE TEA PARTY When a girl comes of age, it's definitely something worth celebrating. And a young lady should begin womanhood in a sassy dress with a chic hair-do, wearing a lady-like pair of gloves in which to raise her mocktail glass as she shares a toast to her glorious life ahead. TEA FOR TWO Love is in the air (and in the hair...). Whether it's for Valentine's Day, or for any day on which your passions are running high, my suggestions for how to romance the man in your life are sure to make him swoon! HEN TEA PARTY When a treasured girlfriend leaves the single life behind, it's time to pull out all the stops. This party must be momentous, and the name of the game is sheer indulgence, naughtiness and uproarious fun. Bring a touch of the cabaret to your night of decadence and it's bound to be fabulous!
- Author BiographyAngel Adoree is the founder of The Vintage Patisserie, a popular vintage hosting company offering bespoke tea parties from a bygone era. Delivering music, makeovers and - of course - a customised menu of tea party treats that elevate any function into a swanky soiree. It has created unforgettable tea parties for famous clients including Paul Smith CBE, Myleene Klass, and Kim Jones to name but a few! Angel was the outstanding character on BBC Two's series 'Dragons' Den'. She has grown up with great determination, a skill for creativity and has taught herself strong business acumen - she ticked all the boxes with the dragons and became the face of the series. Angel's eye for beautiful things started at a young age, and by the age of thirteen she was buying vintage clothes and gems. A market stall followed and when the stall couldn't quell the tide of treasure, Angel moved to a big converted school house in Bethnal Green. It was here in 2001 that the launch of 'The Vintage Experience' took place, where Angel opened her doors to her devotees and revealed rail upon rail of vintage delights, and offered advice and hand-picked gems that were just right for her clients - as well as providing them with delicious cakes! The Vintage Experience lasted for seven years and when this brand could grow no more, the Vintage Patisserie was born! Angel's business has grown from strength to strength and this year saw the opening for her new East London event space, Vintage Hair Academy and Vintage Hospitality school. Angel's first book The Vintage Tea Party Book was shortlisted for the Galaxy National Book Awards 2011 for Food Book of the Year.
- Author(s)Angel Adoree
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectEntertainment & Etiquette
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMitchell Beazley
- Out-of-print date18/11/2015
- Content Note100 colour photographs and illustrations
- Weight1100 g
- Width192 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.