All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionFor centuries women have written about love with passion, humour, frustration and despair; but never before have their voices come together as in this exhilarating and timeless compendium. Here are love poems in all their true, subversive drama, delicately arranged according to a balance of moods and modes: of argument and lyric, joke and passionate utterance, rejection, rage and ecstacy. Poets, well-kwn and obscure, ancient and modern - from Sappho to Akhamotova,Patti Smith to Selima Hill, Sylvia Plath to Alice Walker - all challenge the traditional perception of women as muse and object of desire, and magnificently transcend it.
- Author BiographyWendy Mulford is the author of eight collections of poetry and several works of prose. She founded Street Editions Press in 1972, and has done many readings and taken part in Festivals in Britain and abroad for many years. She has taught, amongst other places, at Thames Polytechnic. She has one daughter.
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication05/02/1998
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVirago Press Ltd
- Weight204 g
- Width126 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byWendy Mulford
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.