All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThese pocket-sized titles are stunning....They make the perfect stocking stuffers! - Metro Bought together or separately, these fiction titles are ideal stocking stuffers for the literature lover. - USA TodayThe national bestseller from the Pulitzer Prize-winning author of Middlesex and The Marriage PlotFirst published in 1993, The Virgin Suicides anunced the arrival of a major new American velist. In a quiet suburb of Detroit, the five Lisbon sisters-beautiful, eccentric, and obsessively watched by the neighborhood boys-commit suicide one by one over the course of a single year. As the boys observe them from afar, transfixed, they piece together the mystery of the family's fatal melancholy, in this hyptic and unforgettable vel of adolescent love, disquiet, and death. Jeffrey Eugenides evokes the emotions of youth with haunting sensitivity and dark humor and creates a coming-of-age story unlike any of our time. Adapted into a critically acclaimed film by Sofia Coppola, The Virgin Suicides is a modern classic, a lyrical and timeless tale of sex and suicide that transforms and mythologizes suburban middle-American life.For more than twenty years, Picador has been producing beautifully packaged literary fiction and nfiction books from Manhattan's Flatiron Building. Our Twentieth Anniversary Modern Classics line pairs iconic books - The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides, Steppenwolf by Herman Hesse, Jesus' Son by Denis Johnson, and Housekeeping by Marilynne Robinson - with a design that's both small eugh to fit in your pocket and unique eugh to stand out on your bookshelf.
- Author BiographyJEFFREY EUGENIDES was born in Detroit and attended Brown and Stanford universities. The Virgin Suicides was published in 1993 and was adapted into a motion picture in 1999 by Sophia Coppola. His second novel, Middlesex, won the Pulitzer Prize in 2003. He joined the faculty of Princeton University in the fall of 2007. His most recent novel is The Marriage Plot.
- Author(s)Jeffrey Eugenides
- PublisherPicador USA
- Date of Publication03/11/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePicador Modern Classics
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPicador USA
- Weight227 g
- Width89 mm
- Height145 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.19
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.17
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.32
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.68
- AU $12.34Trending at AU $13.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.