All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.78
- AU $89.64Trending at AU $91.04
- AU $41.00Trending at AU $52.74
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $14.87
- AU $12.29Trending at AU $17.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.74
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $24.26
About this product
- Description'Erens brilliantly captures the dark side of adolescence ...On a par with the likes of Jeffrey Eugenides' The Virgin Suicides' Independent 'Flawlessly executed and irrefutably true' John Irving 'A must for fans of Nabokovian tragedy' Irish Tatler The events of 1979-80 reverberate around the campus of Auburn Academy and linger many years later in the mind of narrator Bruce Bennett-Jones. Aviva Rossner and Seung Jung are an unlikely couple at the elite East Coast boarding school and are t shy in flaunting their newly discovered sexuality. Their blossoming relationship is watched with envy and fascination by Bruce and other classmates, who believe their liaison to be one of pure, unadulterated passion and pleasure. But thing is what it seems, and as Aviva and Seung struggle to understand themselves and each other, things begin to fall apart. Their ultimate descent into shame and betrayal has disastrous consequences beyond their own lives.
- Author BiographyPamela Erens' debut novel, The Understory, was a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize and the William Saroyan International Prize for Writing. Her short fiction and essays have appeared in a wide variety of literary, cultural, and mainstream publications, including Tin House, Byliner, New England Review, the Literary Review, Los Angeles Review of Books, the Millions, The New York Times, and O: The Oprah Magazine.
- Author(s)Pamela Erens
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Murray Publishers Ltd
- Weight422 g
- Width143 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.