All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $30.84Trending at AU $33.28
About this product
- DescriptionHeresy: The declaration of opinions contrary to prevailing doctrine; opposition to dogma; urthodox approach to science; method employed by one's intellectual enemy; behaviour characteristic of a crank. In the course of using essential theories of science in my decades-long attempt to demystify the heavens, I became increasingly frustrated by ideas that just didn't harmonise. If we were uncovering the truth, I reasoned, then the component parts devised by disparate specialists should dovetail neatly together. But they don't. Classical Newtonian Mechanics doesn't see eye-to-eye with Einstein's Relativity; both are sneered at by Quantum Mechanics. Theories highly successful in their own right seemed when compared with one ather to be describing different universes. That was a train-smash, both for me and for the progress of science, as I understood it. This book is an account of that crisis. But fear t, it's t a high-tech science report for uber-geeks. It's a storybook filled with myth and adventure. It's science unplugged. Take your time. This heresy will change your life. Hilton Ratcliffe, Astromer with a Mental Squint.
- Author BiographySouth African-born Hilton Ratcliffe is a founding member of the 700-member Alternative Cosmology Group, as well as several international astronomical societies. Co-discoverer of the CNO nuclear fusion cycle on the Sun's surface, he is a Fellow of the Institute of Physics in the UK and an eminent spokesman for the global scientific community.
- Author(s)Hilton Ratcliffe
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Place of PublicationScotts Valley, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.