All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $59.39Trending at AU $61.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents a comparative approach to the virtue of 'Love of God'; it is a mystical analysis based on Islamic and Christian moral theologies. This study provides an exposition and comparative analysis of Kashani's (1598-1680) and Malebranche's (1638-1715) conception of virtue, with particular attention paid to the role of love of God. One of the main goals of this research is to develop an understanding of the tion of love of God within the philosophical and mystical contexts of two different thinkers, each from a particular traditional horizon. This entails explicating each thinker's understanding of this concept within his specific line of thought in Islam or Christianity, and then situating his view within a broader philosophical and mystical perspective.
- Author BiographyDr. Sayyed Mohammad Reza Hejazi is Professor of Islamic Philosophy, Mysticism, Religious Studies and Islamic Theology at I.M. Seminary, Director of the Islamic Studies and Research Academy (ISRA), California, USA, Chairman of A.B.A. Assembly of North America, and a founder member and a Trustee of the Ibn Sina Health Foundation of North America (ISHFNA). He has also served as Director at the I.E.C., Washington D.C. and was a Chairman at the I.I.N.Y., New York, USA. He holds a Master of Arts degree in Islamic Jurisprudence from Elmiyeh Seminary of Qom, a doctorate in Islamic Philosophy from B.U.C. Institute of Qom, a second Master of Arts degree in Epistemology and Islamic Mysticism from McGill University, Montreal, Canada, and a second doctorate in Philosophy of Ethics from Catholic University of America, Washington D.C. USA. Dr. Hejazi has published 14 books in Arabic, Persian and English. He has also published more than 17 articles in different languages and participated in about 28 international and inter-disciplinary Seminars, Conferences and Academic Workshops. In addition to his teaching and writing, Dr. Hejazi serves as a consultant in the fields of education, morality, religion and philosophy.
- Author(s)S M R Hejazi
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication09/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.