All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is widely accepted in science that the universe is a closed deterministic system in which everything can, ultimately, be explained by purely physical causation. And yet we all experience ourselves as having the freedom to choose between alternatives presented to us - 'we' are in the driving seat. The puzzling status of volition is explored in this issue by a distinguished body of scientists and philosophers.
- Author BiographyThe authors, including Guy Claxton, Chris Frith, Gilberto Gomes, David Hodgson, David Ingvar, Jaron Lanier, E.J. Lowe, John McCrone, Wolfgang Schultz, Jeffrey Schwartz, Sean Spence, Henry Stapp and David Wilson, address this puzzling issue.
- PublisherImprint Academic
- Date of Publication08/06/2000
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationThorverton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintImprint Academic
- Content Noteindex
- Weight604 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine63 mm
- Edited byAnthony Freeman,Benjamin Libet,Keith Sutherland
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.