All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.26
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionOn January 7, 1980, in the run-up to the publication of Thy Neighbor's Wife, Gay Talese received an anymous letter from a man in Colorado. 'Since learning of your long awaited study of coast-to-coast sex in America,' the letter began, 'I feel I have important information that I could contribute to its contents or to contents of a future book.' The man went on to tell Talese a remarkable, shocking secret, so compelling that Talese travelled to Colorado to verify it in person. But because the letter-writer insisted on remaining anymous, Talese filed his reporting away, certain the story would remain untold. Over the next thirty-five years, the man occasionally reached out to Talese to fill him in on the latest developments in his life, but he continued to insist on anymity. Finally, after thirty-five years, he's ready to go public. In the tradition of Thy Neighbor's Wife, Talese's landmark, best-selling exploration of the sexual revolution in America, this will be a provocative, eye-opening and much-talked-about book.
- Author BiographyGay Talese is the bestselling author of twelve books, including Thy Neighbor's Wife, Unto the Sons and Honor Thy Father. He has written for numerous publications, including Esquire, The New Yorker, Newsweek and Harper's Magazine. Owing to these articles, Tom Wolfe credited Gay Talese with the creation of an inventive form of nonfiction writing called 'The New Journalism.' Talese lives with his wife, Nan, in New York City.
- Author(s)Gay Talese
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Content Note1 x 8pp colour photos
- Weight353 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.