All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.37Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.49Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.58Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.82
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together articles by some of the leading policy-makers, including previous WTO Director-Generals, practitioners, scholars of international trade law, government officials, international civil servants, members of the WTO Appellate Body, and judges from a number of international tribunals, this volume assesses the first ten years of the World Trade Organization. It examines: the relationship and balance between political governance and dispute settlement; the functioning of the dispute settlement procedures and various reform proposals; the contribution of the Appellate Body to the development of international trade law; and treaty interpretation in a number of international dispute settlement fora such as the WTO, the International Court of Justice, the European Court of Justice, and the Tribunal for the Law of the Sea. The book has its origins in a series of events commemorating the tenth anniversary of the creation of the Appellate Body.
- Author BiographyGiorgio Sacerdoti has been a Member of the WTO Appellate Body since 2001. He is also Professor of International Law and European Law (Jean Monnet chair) at Bocconi University, Milan. Alan Yanovich has been a Counsellor at the WTO Appellate Body Secretariat since 2001. He was previously a legal adviser at the General Secretariat of the Andean Community. Jan Bohanes has been Legal Officer at the WTO Appellate Body Secretariat since 2002. Previously, he was a visiting researcher at the Trade Law Centre for Southern Africa (tralac).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication06/07/2006
- SubjectInternational Law: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note3 figures
- Weight1010 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine37 mm
- Edited byAlan Yanovich,Giorgio Sacerdoti,Jan Bohanes
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.