All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early 1920s, a tiny group was formed within the SA to serve as Hitler's personal bodyguard. Originally the 'Stosstruppe Adolf Hitler', they later became kwn as the SS - Schutz Staffeln, or 'protection squads'. By 1945 the SS had grown to a minal strength of 38 divisions with over 800,000 men, representing a sizeable portion of Germany's land forces. This concluding title in a four-volume series covers Waffen-SS divisions 24 to 38, and the Volunteer Legions; many of these were short-lived units, and composed of men from many different nations, cultures and backgrounds.
- Author BiographyGordon Williamson was born in 1951 and currently works for the Scottish Land Register. He spent seven years with the Military Police TA and has published a number of books and articles on the decorations of the Third Reich and their winners. He is the author of a number of World War II titles for Osprey. Stephen Andrew was born in 1961 in Glasgow, where he still lives and works. An entirely self-taught artist, he worked in advertising and design agencies before going freelance in 1993. Military history is his passion, and in the past few years he has established himself as a respected artist in this field. Since 1997 he has illustrated several Men-at-Arms titles including volume 306: 'Chinese Civil War Armies 1911-49', and books on the German and Italian armies of World War II.
- Author(s)Gordon Williamson
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication11/11/2004
- SubjectMilitary History
- Series TitleMen-at-Arms
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 420
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note40ill.8col.ill.
- Weight168 g
- Width184 mm
- Height248 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Illustrator(s)Stephen Andrew
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.