Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.46
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.19
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.60
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.47
- AU $11.45Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionIn this exquisitely wrought tale, young Van finds a walking stick at the foot of a huge teak tree. Blessed by Buddha, it becomes his talisman, his lifelong link to the past, and the support he will need to carry him into the uncertain future. For when the winds of change blow, t even the deep forest of Vietnam remains safe. With the walking stick and his indomitable spirit, Van leads his family to safety and new land. Though the years pass in peace, the ever-present tap tapping of the brass-tipped walking stick is Van's constant reminder of the customs, voices, and land he will always remember with love.When the stick's long odyssey is finally over, it is Van's granddaughter who carries it home and places it at Buddha's feet.
- Author BiographyMaxine Trottier: A prolific writer and educator, Maxine Trottier makes history come alive in picture books and novels for young readers. Her award-winning titles include Claire's Gift, The Paint Box, and Prairie Willow. Maxine's books have earned the Canadian Library Association's Book of the Year, the Mr. Christie's Book Award and twice the Ontario Woman Teacher's Federation Writing Award. Born in Michigan, Maxine is a dual citizen of Canada and the U.S. and makes her home in Port Stanley, Ontario.Annouchka Gravel Galouchko: Born in Montreal, Annouchka Gravel Galouchko has lived with her family in Iran, Egypt, Mexico, and Austria. She trained in fine arts at the University of Quebec and started her career as a full-time painter. Her book -Sho et les dragons d'eau- received the Governor General's Literary Award for Children's Literature for its illustrations and was a finalist in the French text competition. Her fanciful and rich imagination is reflected in her paintings and her writings. She also loves music. Visit Annouchka's web site at www.annouchkagravelgalouchko.com.
- Author(s)Maxine Trottier
- PublisherFitzhenry & Whiteside Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationMarkham
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintFitzhenry & Whiteside Ltd
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight136 g
- Width216 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Illustrator(s)Annouchka Galouchko
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.