All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionIn today's data-driven world, professionals need to kw how to express themselves in the language of graphics effectively and eloquently. Yet information graphics is rarely taught in schools or is the focus of on-the-job training. Now, for the first time, Dona M. Wong, a student of the information graphics pioneer Edward Tufte, makes this material available for all of us. In this book, you will learn: * to choose the best chart that fits your data; * the most effective way to communicate with decision makers when you have five minutes of their time; * how to chart currency fluctuations that affect global business; * how to use color effectively; * how to make a graphic colorful even if only black and white are available. The book is organized in a series of mini-workshops backed up with illustrated examples, so t only will you learn what works and what doesn't but also you can see the dos and don'ts for yourself. This is an invaluable reference work for students and professional in all fields.
- Author BiographyDona Wong began her career in visual journalism at The New York Times, became the graphics director for The Wall Street Journal in 2001, and was previously the strategy director for information design at the global consulting firm Siegel+Gale. Today she is Vice President, Digital and Multimedia Communications, at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. Wong holds an MFA from Yale University and lives in New York City. The views expressed here are her own and do not necessarily represent those of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Author(s)Dona M. Wong
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication17/01/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content Note2-color; 500+ illustrations, 16 pages of color
- Weight300 g
- Width180 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.50Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.