Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.72Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.19Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionA cheerfully illustrated tale with Inuit rootsIn the time before animals were as they are today, Walrus, who had spiraled, curly tusks and t the long, straight tusks we recognize today, spent his time diving for clams. One day, Walrus was about to surface with a mouthful of tasty clams, when Raven cast a spell on the ocean, freezing Walrus in place under the water. Walrus s curly, twisting tusks became frozen in the enchanted ice, but Raven soon discovered that his magic was match for Walrus s great physical strength as he managed to escape, but his tusks would never be the same. This fun, dynamic animal tale pits two of the Arctic s most popular animal characters against each other in an amusing battle of wits and brawn.
- Author BiographyRachel Qitsualik-Tinsley is an Inuit storyteller who has authored numerous books about Inuit mythology and life in the Arctic, including The Shadows Rush Past: A Collection of Frightening Inuit Folktales and Under the Ice. Sean Qitsualik-Tinsley is the coauthor, along with Rachel Qitsualik-Tinsley, of Ajjiit: Dark Dreams of the Ancient Arctic and The Raven and the Loon. Anthony Brennan is an illustrator and web designer.
- Author(s)Rachel Qitsualik-Tinsley,Sean Qitsualik-Tinsley
- PublisherInhabit Media
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintInhabit Media
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width180 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Anthony Brennan
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,Picture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.