All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe ocean has always flowed through Sophie's life. It promises journeys of adventure and discovery -- she is drawn to it. And when she gets the chance to cross the Atlantic on board her uncle's boat, The Wanderer, she can't wait to set sail. But troubled Sophie has a secret, and deep down she's terrified of where The Wanderer will take her. For this storm-tossed voyage will also be a journey into the mysterious past of her forgotten childhood. And she, and the rest of the crew aboard, may t survive it.
- Author BiographySharon Creech is the author of several books for children and young adults and has won or been shortlisted for nearly every major literary award for children's books, both in the USA and the UK, as well as selling the world over. Most recently, she won the Carnegie Medal for outstanding children's literature with her novel Ruby Holler. Sharon is an American who lived in England for nineteen years. She now lives in New Jersey, USA, with her husband.
- PrizesShortlisted for Carnegie Medal 2001.
- Author(s)Sharon Creech
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/03/2001
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Out-of-print date20/04/2017
- Content Notemaps
- Weight166 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementUnabridged
- Reading AgeFrom 10 To 99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.