Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $92.76
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.73
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.60
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $51.92
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $115.92
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.71
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1982 there appeared a remarkable book, written by an author who wished to remain anymous, entitled Meditations on the Tarot: A Journey into Christian Hermeticism. This book was destined to become a spiritual classic of the twentieth century. Distinguished scholar Antoine Faivre called it the most beautiful and instructive book of the twentieth century concerning western esotericism. Father Bede Griffiths said to me it is the last word in wisdom. Trappist Abbot Basil Pennington wrote it is such a rich collection of wisdom drawn from such a staggering number of diverse sources that it leaves the mind almost reeling. Besides the Bible we find the Upanishads, the Cabbala, the Hermeticists, and men as diverse as Origen and Chardin, Plato and Bergson, Jung and John of the Cross, Kierkegaard and Nietzsche. It is without doubt the most extraordinary work I have ever read. And Cardinal Hans Urs von Balthasar described the author as a thinking, praying Christian of unmistakable purity. Students of Meditations on the Tarot w have cause for celebration, for in 2007 a collection of the author's tes was published - preliminary studies of the images of the Tarot cards, illustrating the method he followed. This methodology is w revealed for the first time in English translation through the inclusion of material published in Part Two of this volume. Unfortunately, the tes cover only the last nine Arcana, from XIV to XXII, the tes to the first thirteen Arcana having gone missing. Part One comprises three lectures held by Robert Powell, the translator of Meditations on the Tarot into English from the original French manuscript. These lectures, held in California in 2006, 2007, and 2008, were delivered to an audience of friends of Christian Hermeticism, who gather every year to converse and share concerning the path of Christian Hermeticism. The second lecture, in particular, serves as an introduction to Part II. Also included is additional background material from the Luxembourg (Kairos) and German (Achamoth) editions.
- Author(s)Anonymous,Robert Powell,Valentin Tomberg
- Date of Publication29/05/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAstrology & Fortune-telling
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight213 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.