CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.32
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
About this product
- DescriptionThe 1973 War Powers Resolution's purpose was to ensure Congress shared responsibility and accountability with the President in determining when to use the United States Armed Forces in hostilities. Unfortunately, the Resolution has t fulfilled the expectations of its sponsors and has served to divide American public opinion whenever a President has contemplated employing military forces in a crisis situation. Undermining the War Powers Resolution are the debates on whether the Resolution improperly intrudes on the President's constitutional Commander-in-Chief powers and what constitutes proper consultation, and the constitutionality of the presidential reporting requirements and the mechanisms by which Congress can react to presidential initiatives. Presidents have t embraced the War Powers Resolution and Congress has failed to consistently demand Presidential compliance with its provisions. Congress and the President must devise a new legislative compact that provides a framework for legislative and executive action in crisis situations. This compact would permit the President to act in specific instances without prior Congressional approval, establish a formal consultation mechanism between the President and Congress both before and during a crisis, establish reporting requirements as a means to inform Congress, and require Congressional action to either support or request termination of the military action as soon as practicable.
- Author(s)Raymond S Eresman
- Date of Publication03/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight104 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.