The War for Wealth: The True Story of Globalization, or Why the Flat World is Broken by Gabor Steingart (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $33.20+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.18+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionA LIBRARY JOURNAL 2008 BEST BUSINESS BOOK OF THE YEAR! Globalization. The Flat World. Outsourcing. Free Trade. Each of these phrases is a flashpoint in one of the most heated debates of our lifetime: Is globalization a force for good, or is it a policy that is sure to destroy the ecomic foundation of the United States and Europe while exporting our wealth and prosperity overseas? In The War for Wealth, leading intellectual and agenda-setting journalist Gabor Steingart examines how globalization has affected the state of the world's ecomy and returns with a bleak outlook for the West: our prosperity and wealth are disappearing faster than ever, and with it our political power and our long-held democratic ideals. But all is t lost; we can still stem the flow of capital and jobs and once again restore the West to its respected position of global leader in ecomics and politics. In this eye-opening and dramatic account, Steingart lays out the three potential scenarios the world faces - a shock scenario in which there is a global ecomic crash, an Asia-over-all scenario where the rising ecomies of Asia completely overtake the West, or the American renaissance scenario in which U.S. politicians unite with each other and with Europe, forming a pragmatic third way to bring the West back from the brink of destruction. Compelling, controversial, and thought-provoking, The War for Wealth alerts readers to the crucial state of the Western ecomy--and shows how leaders can return the West to its position of power in the global arena.
- Author BiographyGabor Steingart is an internationally bestselling author and the senior correspondent for Der Spiegel in Washington D.C., where he lives with his family. He has been awarded The Economic Writer of the Year award in Germany, and in 2007 he won the Helmut Schmidt Award for Advanced Journalism. His op-ed pieces are published in the Wall Street Journal and European Affairs. Steingart's weekly column West Wing - The Battle for the White House appears on Speigel Online (www.spiegel.de/westwing) and on RealClearPolitics.com.
- Author(s)Gabor Steingart
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/05/2008
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Notecol. Illustrations
- Weight607 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.