All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Second World War is one of the most significant conflicts in history, but for seven decades our understanding of the war has remained mostly fixed, framed by the accounts of participants and an early generation of historians. James Holland, one of the leading young historians of World War II, has spent over a decade conducting new research, interviewing survivors, and exploring archives that have never before been so accessible to unearth forgotten memoirs, letters, and official records. In <i>The Rise of Germany</i>, Holland draws on this research to reconsider the strategy, tactics, and ecomic, political, and social aspects of the war. <i>The Rise of Germany</i> is a masterful book that redefines our understanding of the opening years of World War II. Beginning with the lead-up to the outbreak of war in 1939 and ending in the middle of 1941 on the eve of Operation Barbarossa, the Nazi invasion of Russia, <i>The Rise of Germany</i> is a landmark history of the war on land, in the air, and at sea.
- Author BiographyJames Holland is a member of the British Commission for Military History and the Guild of Battlefield Guides. His books include Dam Busters, Fortress Malta, Italy s Sorrow, The Battle of Britain, and his fictional World War II series featuring Sergeant Jack Tanner. He lives near Salisbury, England.
- Author(s)Professor of Law James Holland
- PublisherAtlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication13/10/2015
- SubjectMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtlantic Monthly Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1111 g
- Width163 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.70
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.60
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.23
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.31
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $56.23
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.68
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.