All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $44.03Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $9.82Trending at AU $13.83
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.32
About this product
- DescriptionYour training in arms is to be used only for our work here in the armory; I will never allow you to go to war. Never! Lorenzo felt as if he had been kicked in the stomach. Fifteen-year-old Lorenzo Arrighi, the son of the duke's master armorer, shows a great deal of talent for his father's craft, but he longs for adventure and the glory of battle. His father forbids him to go to war, but when Lorenzo learns of an attack planned against the duke, he and his beloved warhorse, Scoppio, are suddenly plunged into the midst of a fierce conflict between two rival cities. What Lorenzo experiences will forever change the way he feels about the world -- and his place in it. Don Bolognese's exciting text and detailed illustrations bring to life this grand adventure of a boy caught up in the romance of art and war in Renaissance Italy.
- Author BiographyDon Bolognese was born in New York City to immigrant parents and grew up in an atmosphere of art and Italian culture. A graduate of the Cooper Union School of Art, he determined early on that he would be an illustrator, and after illustrating works by many other authors he decided to write his own books. Among them are several series combining art, history, and adventure, many of which were done in collaboration with his wife, Elaine Raphael, an author and artist. Several years ago he teamed up with Ms. Raphael to design and illustrate Letters to Horseface, the story of Mozart's travels through Italy, by F. N. Monjo. Retracing the young composer's footsteps gave him a firsthand look at the birthplace of the Renaissance. That experience provided the inspiration for The Warhorse. In his spare time Don Bolognese is an avid gardener and a cautious collector of wild mushrooms. Visit his Web site at www.thewarhorse.com.
- Author(s)Don Bolognese
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- Date of Publication15/11/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Children's Publishing
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight264 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Don Bolognese
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.