All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWarren Buffett is the most famous investor of all time and one of today s most admired business leaders. He became a billionaire and investment sage by looking at companies as businesses rather than prices on a stock screen. The first two editions of The Warren Buffett Way gave investors their first in-depth look at the invative investment and business strategies behind Buffett s spectacular success. The new edition updates readers on the latest investments by Buffett. And, more importantly, it draws on the new field of behavioral finance to explain how investors can overcome the common obstacles that prevent them from investing like Buffett. New material includes: * How to think like a long-term investor just like Buffett * Why loss aversion , the tendency of most investors to overweight the pain of losing money, is one of the biggest obstacles that investors must overcome. * Why behaving rationally in the face of the ups and downs of the market has been the key to Buffett s investing success * Analysis of Buffett s recent acquisition of H.J. Heinz and his investment in IBM stock The greatest challenge to emulating Buffett is t in the selection of the right stocks, Hagstrom writes, but in having the fortitude to stick with sound investments in the face of ecomic and market uncertainty. The new edition explains the psychological foundations of Buffett s approach, thus giving readers the best roadmap yet for mastering both the principles and behaviors that have made Buffett the greatest investor of our generation.
- Author BiographyROBERT G. HAGSTROM is one of the best-known authors of investment books for general audiences. He has written nine books, including the New York Times bestselling The Warren Buffett Way and The Warren Buffett Portfolio: Mastering the Power of the Focus Investment Strategy. He is also the author of The NASCAR Way: The Business That Drives the Sport; The Detective and the Investor: Uncovering Investment Techniques from the Legendary Sleuths; and Investing: The Last Liberal Art. Robert is a graduate of Villanova University with a BA and MA and is a Chartered Financial Analyst. He lives with his family in Villanova, Pennsylvania. Visit Robert's website at www.RobertHagstrom.com.
- Author(s)Robert G. Hagstrom
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication29/11/2013
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight520 g
- Width160 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.