All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe civil wars of the first half of the fifteenth century still stand in the popular imagination as the period of greatest anarchy in English history. While historians have long taken a more measured view, controversy still surrounds their interpretation. In this revised edition of his revaluation of the Wars of the Roses, A. J. Pollard has incorporated into the text the product of new research and consideration of the debates which have emerged since the book was first published in 1988. These include the new stress on 'constitutional' history, intensified dispute about the origins of the wars, and recent reinterpretations of the careers of some of the principal personalities. In a topic which has become more contested in the last decade of the twentieth century, this introduction offers a succinct narrative, a review of the historiography and an overview of the problems of interpretation of the character, causes, impact and consequences of the wars which periodically disrupted England between 1459 and 1487.
- Author BiographyANTHONY JAMES POLLARD is Emeritus Professor of History at the University of Teesside, UK. He has published extensively on fifteenth-century English history, his most recent book being Warwick and the Kingmaker: Politics, Power and Fame.
- Author(s)A.J. Pollard
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication26/04/2013
- SubjectHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleBritish History in Perspective
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published1988
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight253 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.