All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis ground-breaking series is a comprehensive history that traces the Presidential line of the Washingtons. Volume one begins with the immigrant John Washington who settled in Westmoreland Co., Va., in 1657, married Anne Pope, and was the great-grandfather of President George Washington. It continues the record of their descendants for a total of seven generations. Volume two is a collection of table descendants of the next eight generations of John and Anne Washington's descendants, including Gen. George S. Patton, author Shelby Foote, and actor Lee Marvin. Future volumes trace generations eight through fifteen, making a total of more than 63,000 descendants. Although structured in a genealogical format for the sake of clarity, this is barebones genealogy but a true family history with more than 1,200 detailed biographical narratives. These, in turn, strive to convey the greatness of the family that produced t only The Father of His Country but many others, great and humble, who struggled to build that country. The Washingtons includes a special volume on the time-hored John Wright line, which in recent years has been challenged largely on the basis of DNA evidence, and ather on the royal descents of the presidential line. A cumulative index completes the series.
- Author BiographyJustin M. Glenn graduated from Stanford University (B.A., magna cum laude) and Princeton University (M.A., Ph.D.). A university professor of Classics for 35 years, he has served as Registrar General of The National Society of the Washington Family Descendants since 2002.
- Author(s)Justin Glenn
- PublisherSavas Beatie
- Date of Publication28/12/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationEl Dorado Hills
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSavas Beatie
- Weight975 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.