All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.50Trending at AU $75.22
- AU $143.50Trending at AU $152.67
- AU $44.92Trending at AU $56.19
- AU $28.56Trending at AU $29.58
- AU $20.94Trending at AU $25.80
- AU $32.43Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $20.25Trending at AU $22.04
About this product
- DescriptionThe world of watches is in transition and so-called smartwatches are playing a larger role. But classic timepieces with mechanical movements won't disappear from people's wrists because the ticking of a mechanical watch has been and will continue to be the heartbeat of human culture. After the success of The Watch Book in 2015, this new follow-up volume, just as beautifully done, is a must-have. Informative text and many pictures highlight 24 additional watch brands and show their unique features and quirks. However, this book includes a much broader spectrum of timepieces than the previous volume: along with many watches that fall into the affordable luxury segment, there are also timepieces from the chrometric creme de la creme. Along with longstanding traditional brands, the book profiles newer ones whose unusual designs and exclusive technical developments have contributed to the history of the watch. This volume also includes a helpful glossary of important terms, making The Watch Book II an absolute must for timepiece experts and collectors, as well as for newcomers to the world of watch artistry.
- Author BiographyGisbert L. Brunner, born in 1947, has been working with precision time-keeping instruments since the 1960s, primarily wristwatches. During the quartz watch crisis in the 1970s, he discovered a new love for the seemingly moribund mechanical timepiece as well. His passion for collecting chronographs led him to publish his first magazine articles on the subject in the early 1980s. Brunner has since written more than 15 books about the field and is in demand worldwide as a public speaker.
- Author(s)Gisbert Brunner
- PublisherteNeues Publishing UK Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2016
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Place of PublicationKempen
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintteNeues Media GmbH & Co. KG
- Weight2359 g
- Width254 mm
- Height320 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.