All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.04
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
About this product
- DescriptionHarperCollins is proud to present its new range of best-loved, essential classics. 'In fact, the fairies had turned him into a water-baby. A water-baby? You never heard of a water-baby. Perhaps t. That is the very reason why this story was written.' Poor Tom is an orphan, employed by the underhand Grimes as a chimney sweep. While cleaning a chimney one day, Tom becomes lost and appears in Ellie's bedroom. She mistakes him for a thief and he flees in fright, down to the edge of a stream where he falls asleep. In his dreamlike world, he becomes a water baby, swimming with the other water babies and discovering an aquatic playground full of strange and wonderful characters.
- Author BiographyCharles Kingsley was a clergyman and novelist whose work was wide-ranging in its scope - from historical romances to social critiques to children's books. His most popular novel, The Water Babies gave Kingsley the opportunity to explore social reform and the theory of evolution in the guise of a children's novel.
- Author(s)Charles Kingsley
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication02/01/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleCollins Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWilliam Collins
- Weight150 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.