The Water Diviner by Andrew Anastasios, Meaghan Wilson-Anastasios (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.96+ AU $8.20 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by riverdancer01
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $14.99Free postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by mister_bookman
- Est. delivery by 31 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionConstantiple, 1919. Joshua Conr, an Australian farmer, arrives in Turkey to fulfil a pledge made on his wife's grave - to find the bodies of their three sons, lost in Gallipoli, and bring them home. In the enemy city Conr meets Orhan, a mischievous Turkish boy, and his mother Ayshe, who is struggling to keep her family hotel afloat and rebuild her life after the war. Conr can trace life-giving water under the earth, but finding his sons at Gallipoli seems impossible when faced with the gruesome landscape of sun-bleached bones and rotting uniforms. But a Turkish officer gives the broken father hope where there was ne. - Conr's eldest son may be alive. As Conr risks his life travelling into the heart of Anatolia one question haunts him: If his son is alive why hasn't he come home? This vel tells the complete story of The Water Diviner and is based on the original screenplay by Andrew Anastasios and Andrew Knight. It is inspired by true events found within personal accounts and official records from the Great War.
- Author BiographyAndrew Anastasios is a script researcher and writer for film and television via a career in archaeology, journalism and advertising. Andrew's credits include the Jack Irish telemovies and the adaptation of Peter Temple's Broken Shore. He co-wrote the film script for The Water Diviner with Andrew Knight. Meaghan Wilson-Anastasios, also a former archaeologist, has a PHD in art history and cultural economics. She teaches, researches and writes for film and television.
- Author(s)Andrew Anastasios,Meaghan Wilson-Anastasios
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication09/12/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPan Australia
- Weight249 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $14.24Trending at AU $14.43
- AU $7.43Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $72.58Trending at AU $75.11
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.13
- AU $14.94Trending at AU $19.85
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.07
- AU $19.23Trending at AU $23.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.