Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $5.94Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by curraone
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.25Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.54Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionIn a grim world made crazy after a cyber-terrorist attack, fifteen-year-old Hamish Waterboy leaves his teen wife and the relative safety of his home to journey through Victoria in search of women to help repopulate the tiny, dying community of Plunkettville. Along the way Hamish reluctantly teams up with Shazza, a crazy old hermit woman who takes him to the city of the War Women, a separatist community on the coast. Hamish is in very real danger of losing his tongue, and his life, as even Shazza turns against him. After some fast talking, he convinces a group of women to journey back to Plunkettville with him, and the inevitable happens - they become lost in the high country of Victoria. The new world is populated by ragged remnants of humanity, and particularly feared are the evil and savage Bordermen from Melbourne, the 'City of Death'. When Hamish is captured by a raiding party of Bordermen, it looks like the end of the road for Plunkettville and the pioneering families who built it - t to mention the end of Hamish Waterboy.
- Author BiographySue Hines is a highly acclaimed author who was born in London, and educated in Sydney. She has published numerous short stories and books for both adults and children, and her other books for young adults include Out of the Shadows (1998) and The Plunketts (2000). Sue now lives in Canberra, with an empty nest and two spoilt and demanding cats.
- Author(s)Sue Hines
- PublisherHachette Australia
- Date of Publication01/07/2008
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2007
- ImprintLothian Children's Books
- Weight230 g
- Width129 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.