All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.78Trending at AU $74.67
- AU $40.37Trending at AU $43.73
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.88
- AU $11.39Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.13
- AU $10.85Trending at AU $16.13
About this product
- DescriptionWhen Cryptanalyst John Decker of the FBI is assigned to the Joint Terrorist Task Force in New York, he has idea he is about to be thrust into a deadly plot of eco-terrorism masterminded by El Aqrab, a diabolical killer recently arrested in Tel Aviv whose calling card is to wrap his victims up with incendiary devices designed to produce flames in the shape of Koranic verses. Some call it aesthetic destruction. Following the theft of eight kilos of Highly Enriched Uranium, an ultimatum is issued to the West: Release El Aqrab or a nuclear bomb will be detonated. But, at the last moment, El Aqrab escapes . . . and the authorities never get the bomb. While Homeland Security is convinced it's headed for New York, only Agent Decker - assisted by brilliant and beautiful oceagrapher Emily Swenson - believes the bomb's true destination is La Palma, in the Canary Island chain. Now, Decker and Swenson only have six hours to prove their theory, defuse the bomb, and prevent a mega-tsunami from annihilating the Eastern Seaboard. Kirkus said, Sandom's strength lies in the verve of his story, with writing that has both muscle . . . (and) brains . . . (THE WAVE) races from improbable to crazywild, all in good fun, with Sandom always one step ahead . . . A story with eugh manic energy to be worthy of a nuclear explosion.
- Author BiographyBorn in Chicago, raised and educated throughout Europe, and a graduate of Amherst College, J.G. Sandom founded the first digital ad agency (Einstein and Sandom Interactive - EASI) in 1984, before launching an award-winning writing career. He is the author of six thrillers and mysteries, including THE GOD MACHINE, GOSPEL TRUTHS and THE HUNTING CLUB, plus the eco-thriller THE WAVE - A John Decker Thriller. Booklist called GOSPEL TRUTHS a splendid, tautly woven thriller . . . (and) an intelligent mystery of tremendous spiritual and literary depth. And Library Journal termed it, A masterful first novel, based on a true incident, which spins a complicated web of corruption, greed and deception. Kirkus Reviews called THE HUNTING CLUB A Big Apple Deliverance, endowing New York culture with all the corrosively dehumanizing power of Dickey's wild nature . . . Slickly entertaining right down to the last, inevitable twist. And Booklist said, (Sandom) writes with stunning elegance and nearly poetic beauty . . . A sure hit with any suspense reader. [THE HUNTING CLUB was optioned for Warner Bros. by Lee Rich for theatrical development; screenplay by Ronald Bass, with Joel Schumacher scheduled to direct.] Caroline Thompson (author of Edward Scissorhands) said, Move over, Dan Brown . . . All hail J.G. Sandom . . . (THE GOD MACHINE) is a thrilling and breathless, rapturously-written and mind-blowing read. It'll keep you up all night, turning pages as fast as your little fingers can manage. And the Historical Novels Review said, History galore, violence, and intrigue fill the pages of this tightly plotted, twisting and turning adventure story . . . THE GOD MACHINE is a very impressive historical thriller! Kirkus said, Sandom's strength lies in the verve of his story, with writing that has both muscle . . . (and) brains . . . (THE WAVE) races from improbable to crazywild, all in good fun, with Sandom always one step ahead . . . A story with enough manic energy to be worthy of a nuclear explosion. While known mostly as a writer of thrillers and mysteries, Sandom is also the author of several Young Adult (YA) novels, written under the pen name T.K. Welsh, including the award-winning THE UNRESOLVED and RESURRECTION MEN. The Washington Post said, (Sandom) writes with a precision and delicacy unusual for YA fiction, and called THE UNRESOLVED a subtle gem. Visit the author at www.jgsandom.com.
- Author(s)J G Sandom
- Date of Publication09/06/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.