All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.84Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThe Waves is one of the greatest achievements in modern literature. Commonly considered the most important, challenging and ravishingly poetic of Virginia Woolf's vels, it was in her own estimation 'the most complex and difficult of all my books'. This edition will be the most authoritative, most fully collated and antated text available to scholars to date, and for considerable time to come. It maps the text of The Waves from the first British edition to all other editions published in Woolf's lifetime, as well as to all extant proofs. The text is presented in clearly readable form, with page-by-page direction to emendation, variants, and tes. The substantial introduction includes a detailed account of the vel's composition, publication and early critical reception. There are extensive explanatory tes on the text, a full chrology of composition and publication and a more general chrology covering Woolf's life and works.
- Author BiographyMichael Herbert is Senior Lecturer in English at the University of St Andrews. Susan Sellers is Professor of English at the University of St Andrews.
- Author(s)Virginia Woolf
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/02/2011
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleCambridge Edition of the Works of Virginia Woolf
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus.
- Weight890 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byMichael Herbert,Susan Sellers
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.