All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.26
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.77
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.98
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
About this product
- DescriptionOn September 12, 2001, a year and a half after finishing his military service, Sean Davis strolled into the Oregon National Guard s recruiting office and re-enlisted. After dropping out of art school and working a dead-end government job, September 11 gave him a new sense of purpose and direction. Follow Sean Davis life as he discovers the oddities of a pop-up America in a hostile desert wasteland; loses his best friend in a violent ambush; returns, critically wounded, to confinement in a place that s t his home; deals with the fallout of PTSD and the horror of what he experienced in that war zone; and finally, as he rediscovers art and its power to heal.
- Author BiographySean Davis is a veteran of the Iraq war, a talented artist, and a gifted writer with an interesting story. He attended art school before earning his bachelor s degree in English from Portland State University and an MFA in Writing from Pacific University. He published the novel Motivation and Toleration under the name Ian Avi and has contributed to numerous publications including the Portland Mercury, Work Magazine, and The Good Men Project. He has also appeared on 60 Minutes and is cofounder of Hubris Press in Portland.
- Author(s)Sean Davis
- PublisherOoligan Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleOpenbook
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOoligan Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width146 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.