The Way of Aikido: Life Lessons from an American Sensei by George Leonard (Paperback, 2000)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $21.05+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description-This book is a warmhearted handshake, a graceful and practical invitation to enter and blend with the ahhh of the world. It is as natural and wise an introduction to the spirit of the martial arts as you can find on paper.---Jack Kornfield, bestselling author of A Path with Heart In his bestselling Mastery, rewned spiritual and martial arts teacher George Leonard taught hundreds of thousands of people how to use Zen philosophy to reach mastery in any field. Now, he brings together his extraordinary kwledge and experience into a book that translates the principles of aikido directly into our everyday lives. Aikido is more philosophy and meditation than a technique or a series of purely physical maneuvers. Leonard shares the secrets of this remarkable Eastern philosophy, which is the basis for the most radical and demanding of all martial arts. Through mind-body exercises inspired by aikido yet designed for n-practitioners, he demonstrates the fundamental understanding behind aikido and shows how it can be applied to help set us on the path to composure, self-sufficiency, and spiritual centeredness. Combining illuminating personal anecdotes with practical advice, this award-winning author describes the ways in which aikido can help turn life's unanticipated blows into gifts and transform discord into harmony, anxiety and pain into vital energy. Exhilarating, enlightening, and filled with unique wisdom, The Way of Aikido is an inspiring lesson in balance, confidence, and power. -The Way of Aikido does less than open the door to the universe and invite you through to become one with it, to become balanced, powerful, energetic, alert, and present.---Susan Trott, author of The Holy Man and Crane Spreads Wings
- Author BiographyGEORGE LEONARD was a writer, editor, and educator, who introduced Leonard Energy Training (LET), a practice for centering the mind, body, and spirit, to more than 50,000 people in the United States and abroad. He was the author of a number of books on human possibilities and social change, as well as President Emeritus of the Esalen Institute, President of the Association for Humanistic Psychology, and President of ITP International. He died in 2010.
- Author(s)George Leonard
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication30/07/2000
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew American Library
- Out-of-print date03/11/2011
- Weight191 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.