All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionQigong, which literally means working with the energy of life, is an integrated mind-body healing method that has been practiced with remarkable results in China for thousands of years. The Chinese have long treasured qigong for its effectiveness both in healing and in preventing disease, and more recently they have used it in conjunction with modern medicine to cure cancer, immune system disorders, and other life-threatening conditions. Now in this fascinating, comprehensive volume, rewned qigong master and China scholar Kennneth S, Cohen brings the ancient healing power of qigong to Western readers.The essence of qigong can be understood by comparing the body to a battery: stress and bad health habits act to dissipate the battery's charge, its qi, while self-care and self-awareness help to maintain and improve qi. Qigong is a gentle yet rigorous program for working with our life energy through breathing and relaxation exercises, massage, visualization, meditation, and other natural methods. Using qigong, each one of us can learn to improve health and enhance vitality by cleansing, gathering, releasing, and circulating qi so that it reaches all the body's cells. It's rather like acupuncture without needles--it's pleasurable to do, it costs thing, and it's wonderfully life-enhancing.This accessible, beautifully written book provides a step-by-step program detailing how we can all integrate qigong into our busy lives. Ken Cohen explores every aspect of this Chinese healing art and science. The benefits of qigong are obvious in those who practice it correctly--these exuberant individuals sleep more soundly, their skin glows with vitality, they feel increased strength andheightened sexuality, and their minds and bodies achieve the harmony of true health. These benefits have been analyzed and calibrated by contemporary medical researchers who confirm resoundingly that qigong really does work. As a result, leading medical schools around the country are w incorporating qigong into complementary medicine programs that combine the wisdom of alternative medical modalities with the techlogical expertise of modern medicine. Now with The Way of Qigong, the power and clarity of qigong is finally available to all of us. This is truly a volume that will enlighten, instruct, enliven, and delight all who use it.
- Author(s)Kenneth S. Cohen
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication29/04/2000
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Content Note75ill.
- Weight454 g
- Width158 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.