All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $65.00Trending at AU $70.84
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.70
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.14
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.72
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $35.87
- AU $28.96Trending at AU $38.89
About this product
- DescriptionThere comes a time in every competitive athlete's life when the cheering stops and it's time to move on to other pursuits. Written by a former Division 1 football player and Academic All-American, The Way of the Athlete argues that sports prepares athletes for this transition by instilling qualities that contribute to academic, business, and personal success. Rob Pate draws on his own experience, together with the experiences of coaches and other athletes, to highlight the parallels between athletic achievement and attainment in other areas of life. The author looks beyond the time-hored qualities of discipline, dedication, teamwork, sportsmanship, and leadership. He examines other must-have athletic attributes that help build character, including the ability to bounce back and learn from failure. Not every athlete can make a Division 1 roster. But everyone who's played sports can take the experience and chart a path to success in other areas of life. Written by someone who's done precisely that, The Way of the Athlete is a guide to getting the most from the lessons that sports have to teach us.
- Author BiographyRob Pate was born and raised in Birmingham, Alabama. A four-year starter in football, basketball, and baseball, and the winner of the Class 5-A Bryant-Jordan Achievement Scholarship, he accepted an athletic scholarship to play football for the Auburn Tigers. As a four-year starter for the Tigers, he was a member of many All-Conference teams, a two-time Academic All-America All-District selection, a four-time SEC Honor Roll recipient, and the Pat Dye Leadership Award winner. He lives in Birmingham, Alabama, with his wife of sixteen years, Dana, and their five children. Pate was named the 2013 Alabama Young Optometrist of the Year, the 2014 American Optometric Association Young Optometrist of the Year, and the 2015 Young Optometrist of the South. Pate is a columnist at AuburnUndercover.com.
- Author(s)Rob Pate
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication20/08/2015
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Note20 B&W photos
- Weight428 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.