All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlready a bestseller in Britain, and winner of the Gold Dagger Award for Best Crime Novel of the Year, The Way Through the Woods is the tenth Inspector Morse vel by Colin Dexter, and his finest so far. It displays all of Dexter's gifts for matching the taut plotting of classic British mystery with rich characterization and witty prose. As always, the central figure is Morse, the cranky, introverted, and intuitive detective whom critics have called the most intriguing sleuth at work today. When a young girl disappears on a hot summer's day just rth of Oxford, Morse - to the irritation of his fellow policemen - insists she has been murdered. But without a corpse, how can he prove it? Twelve months later, the case remains unsolved. Then an anymous letter appears at Thames Valley Police headquarters, containing a cryptic poem that the writer says is the key to the mystery. Morse is on a rare (and stressful) holiday in Dorset when he reads of the letter in the London Times. And so begins the most astonishing investigation even of Morse's urthodox career. It will surprise one that only Morse can solve the riddle of the poem. But even the closest reader will be startled by the twists and turns that lead The Way Through the Woods to its resolution.
- Author(s)Colin Dexter
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/01/1998
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleInspector Morse S.
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIvy Books,U.S.
- Out-of-print date14/07/2011
- Content Notemaps
- Weight159 g
- Width106 mm
- Height173 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.40
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.52Trending at AU $14.27
- AU $23.64Trending at AU $26.61
- AU $12.34Trending at AU $12.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.