All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRediscover Woven Shibori In this update of the classic Woven Shibori, master weaver Catharine Ellis teaches weavers of all skill levels how to create beautiful dyed woven cloth, using environmentally friendly natural dyes. Shibori is a traditional Japanese technique, in which a piece of cloth is shaped by folding, stitching, tying, or wrapping then dyed to create stunning color patterns. Ellis developed a method of weaving resist warp and weft threads directly into the cloth and shared her findings in her breakthrough book. Featuring all-new information on working with natural dyes and dozens of new photographs, this revised edition is an invaluable resource for weavers. It features: * Techniques for incorporating shibori into two-shaft weaves, monk's belt, overshot, twills, laces, and other patterns* Guidance and inspiration for creating your own woven shibori designs* Instructions for preparing the fabric for dyeing and finishing the dyed cloth* Recipes for creating natural dyes from plants and insects to dye both plant and animal fibers* Special effects for enhancing woven shibori, including layering colors, cross dyeing, felting, creating permanent pleats, and burning outWoven Shibori opens up a world of creative surface design possibilities for weavers and textile artists.
- Author Biography<b>Catharine Ellis</b> has been a weaver and a dyer for more than 40 years. After three decades of leading the Fiber Program at Haywood Community College in North Carolina, she is now dedicated to studio work, focusing on natural dye processes. She also teaches in the U.S. and internationally. See more of her work at ellistextiles.com.
- Author(s)Catharine Ellis
- PublisherInterweave Press Inc
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLoveland, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width216 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementRevised and Updated ed
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.