Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.35
- AU $27.82Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.76Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.32Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionA delightful little book for 'week-enders young or old, guest or host, married or single, discreet or adventurous'. THE WEEK-END BOOK is an invaluable book for week-enders of all ages. Containing a wealth of advice from what to eat on country jaunts ('Use tinned goods, but disguise them. No-one should ever suspect that they are tinned'; 'N.B. - mice cooked in honey should be imported from China, t prepared at home'), to tips on bird-spotting and types of bird ('The blackbird possesses a quite different emotional quality from the robin, being full of fears, suspicions and nervous reactions'). From suggestions for games to play (e.g. Human Polo where 'The biggest men are the ponies, and the girls or lighter weights mount them pick-a-back'), to essential first aid ('Before party drinking swallow a half to one ounce of Olive Oil or drink a glass of milk'). Other sections include: how to forecast the weather (useful when embarking on camping weekends), tes on the stars at night, types of architecture encountered in the country, information on farming techniques and the breeds of farm animals, a calendar of wild flowers, and varieties of trees and how to spot them. Entertaining, informative and completely invaluable, one should embark on a weekend without it.
- PublisherGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication15/09/2005
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGerald Duckworth & Co Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width116 mm
- Height198 mm
- Edited byFrancis Meynell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.