Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
About this product
- DescriptionThree narratives of love and loss are interwoven in John Wheatley's vel which is set on the isle of Anglesey, Wales. Spanning 350 years, from English Civil War to present day, a ruined mansion provides the link between past and present. Meanwhile, the weeping sands of the title, the Lavan Sands, at the eastern edge of the Menai Strait provides a melancholy background to the vels events. Jenna Shaw, 32, childrens TV presenter, is invited to take par t in a TV show exploring her ancestry, a quest which will take her, ultimately, to the ruined mansion of Baron Hill, in Beaumaris, Anglesey. 350 years earlier, Thomas Cheadle, despised for his affair with Lady Anne Bulkeley, and blamed for the death of her husband, prepares to play his part as the Civil War reaches Wales. Isobel Harcourt, recovering from a breakdown following a failed love affair with artist, James Pennington, and in the protection of her sister, is taken to Beaumaris, Anglesey, to convalesce. The year is 1831. How do Isobels strange delusions link the past and the present? What will be the outcome of Jennas quest?
- Author(s)John Wheatley
- Date of Publication21/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.