All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.75Trending at AU $27.54
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.27
- AU $25.33Trending at AU $28.27
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.57
- AU $12.37Trending at AU $13.00
- AU $47.96Trending at AU $49.18
- AU $11.33Trending at AU $13.39
About this product
- DescriptionWhen a poor devout widow begs for a scrap of bread from a rich faithless baker, she promises to participate in the king's wedding mass as payment for the baker's generosity. The baker writes One Mass on a scrap of paper and places it on his scale to determine how much bread it is worth. To his and the entire town's surprise, thing in the shop, t even the gigantic wedding cakes made for the king, outweighs the simple piece of paper representing the true worth of a mass. Lumius old-world watercolor paintings grace the interior of the book and gold foil artwork lends an air of solemnity and sacred beauty to the story.
- Author BiographyJosephine Nobisso is the author of 17 children's and adult books including Grandpa Loved' and Grandma's Scrapbook'. She lives in Quogue, New York.
- Author(s)Josephine Nobisso
- PublisherGingerbread House
- Date of Publication01/06/2002
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationWesthampton Beach, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGingerbread House
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width203 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Katalin Szegedi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.