All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn an effort to clear up misunderstanding of his previous writings and avoid future misinterpretations, Nietzsche assessed his own work in the autobiographical Ecce Homo and offered readers pointers for properly reading and understanding his writings. The Well of Eternity addresses Nietzsche's thinking on time and temporality in eight of his works, beginning with The Birth of Tragedy and culminating in Thus Spoke Zarathustra, using the pointers described in Ecce Homo. Its detailed exploration highlights three points: how central the matter of growth and maturation was to Nietzsche's sense of what it is to be a human being; how indispensable his own maturational struggles and advances were to his achievement of reflective insight; and how the ideas, which are the culmination of his own reflection on time and temporality, t only have their enabling grounds in the human capacity ('power'), which his own maturational advance eventually brings him, but also have their intended reflective meaning and make their claim to truth from the reflective standpoint defined by participation in such power.
- Author BiographyRichard Gotshalk is a retired Professor who taught for 20 years at The Pennsylvania State University and for 13 years at the University of Montana (Missoula). He received his M.A. and B.A. from Harvard University and his Ph.D. from Northwestern University. He has published nine books, including this one.
- Author(s)Richard Gotshalk
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication28/07/2006
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1071 g
- Width178 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.34
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.