All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $18.15
- AU $28.94Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionBringing together the best of Sema Kagusuz s short fiction for the first time, this debut English-language publication has themes of identity, race (and particularly the plight of ethnic mirities), family secrets, and what happens when private lives are opened in the public sphere. Outspoken and controversial, and yet with a deft lyrical touch that grasps the reader's emotions as well as their intellect, <i>The Well of Trapped Words</i> shows a writer at the peak of her powers.
- Author BiographySema Kaygusuz is one of Turkey's leading contemporary female writers. Her debut novel, Yere DUsen Dualar ( Wine and Gold ) won international recognition upon publication in 2006. In 2007, she wrote the screenplay for Yesim Ustaoglu's film Pandora'nin Kutusu ( Pandora's Box ), which won the Golden Shell at the 2008 International Film Festival in San Sebastian. She is a recipient of both the Cevdet-Kudret-Literature Award and the France-Turquie Literary Award. Maureen Freely is an American journalist, novelist, professor, and translator. She grew up in Turkey and now lives in England, where she lectures at the University of Warwick and contributes to the Guardian and the Independent newspapers. She is the author of The Life of the Party and The Other Rebecca, and is best known as the Turkish-English translator of Orhan Pamuk's recent novels.
- Author(s)Sema Kaygusuz
- PublisherComma Press
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationMytholmroyd
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintComma Press
- Weight181 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Translated byMaureen Freely
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.