All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $27.28
- AU $69.00Trending at AU $71.02
- AU $2.99Trending at AU $5.64
- AU $31.38Trending at AU $33.45
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $31.21
- AU $21.44Trending at AU $27.17
- AU $23.01Trending at AU $23.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe Well of Truth is a humorous Egyptian folktale told by Mitch Weiss and Martha Hamilton about three great friends, Goat, Rooster, and Donkey. All three friends love the sweet taste of clover. One day, they decide to try their hand at farming, and they plant an entire field of clover. They patiently tend to the field and wait for the crop to grow large eugh to harvest. Unfortunately, Donkey becomes impatient and one night sneaks out into the field to taste the clover. However, he can't stop at just a taste and eventually eats the entire field. The friends wake up to find the field wiped out and accuse Donkey, who of course denies eating the clover. They all agree to go to the Well of Truth to find out who actually ate the clover, and the Donkey's guilt is exposed. This Egyptian story shows that selfishness and greed are futile; readers will learn the importance of sharing and fairness.
- Author BiographyMartha Hamilton & Mitch Weiss Bio: Martha Hamilton and Mitch Weiss are a husband-and-wife writing and storytelling team known as Beauty and the Beast Storytellers. They have traveled the world sharing their passion for the oral tradition and the art of telling great stories. They have co-authored thirteen books and two audio recordings with August House. A number of their books have won prestigious awards including the Irma Simonton Black and James H. Black Award for Excellence in Children's Literature (awarded by Bank Street College of Education), Parents' Choice Award, National Parenting Publications Awards, and Storytelling World Award. Mitch and Martha's story collections include world tales that they tell in a conversational manner so that children can easily comprehend and then share the stories by telling them to other students. Parents and teachers can find a wealth of information on how to get children excited about reading, telling world tales, and making up their own stories at Mitch and Martha's website. Tom Wrenn Bio: Tom is a graphic designer and illustrator with more than 17 years experience. He is skilled at design, animation and illustration in a variety of media including children's books, websites, television, and published materials. Tom has illustrated and animated nine Story Cove picture books. He currently lives in Florida with his wife and daughter.
- Author(s)Martha Hamilton,Mitch Weiss
- PublisherAugust House Publishers
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleStoryCove: A World of Stories
- Place of PublicationLittle Rock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAugust House Publishers
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width198 mm
- Height193 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Tom Wrenn
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.