All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne harpooner and one boy must face the rigours of life on a whaling vessel, hunting and killing the largest thing that has ever lived. As the boy's respect for both the whaler and the whales themselves grows, he becomes tormented by visions and memories he doesn't understand. It's a life of blood and fire, sailing endlessly for whales to kill and render profits from. Until they battle the leviathan, that is, the monster whale that will lead the boy to the whaler's homeland: an island beset by pirates and war, an island that will restore his memories.
- Author BiographyMichael Moniz spent his childhood living between the big city and the tranquil Azores islands of Portugal. He has written and illustrated several picture books, including <i>Wazzyjump</i> (a 2014 Canadian Toy Testing Council Recommended Read), <i>The Boy and the Whale</i>, and <i>The Cardinal and the Crow</i> (a Spring 2015 Canadian Children s Book Centre <i>Best Books for Kids and Teens</i> selection). When Michael is not telling stories, he works as an Artistic Director for a Toronto-based advertising agency.
- PublisherSimply Read Books
- Date of Publication28/07/2016
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintSimply Read Books
- Content Note1
- Weight227 g
- Width139 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Artist(s)Michael Moniz
- Reading AgeFrom 9
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $15.80
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.