All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $28.54Trending at AU $30.77
About this product
- DescriptionA celebrated fantasist returns with a unique excursion to a time-twisted realm hidden in the byways of London, city of his birth and his heartAlmost anyone who has read or written SF or fantasy has been inspired by the work of Michael Moorcock. His literary flair and grand sense of adventure have been evident since his controversial first vel Behold the Man, through the stories and vels featuring his most famous character, Elric of Melnibone, to his fantasy masterpiece, Gloriana, winner of both the Campbell Memorial and World Fantasy awards for best vel. Neil Gaiman, Alan Moore, and Michael Chabon all cite Moorcock as a major influence; as editor of New Worlds magazine, he helped launch the careers of many of his contemporaries, including Harlan Ellison, Philip K. Dick, and J. G. Ballard.Tor Books w proudly presents Moorcock's first independent vel in nine years, a tale both fantastical and autobiographical, a celebration of London and what it meant to be young there in the years after World War II. The Whispering Swarm is the first in a trilogy that will follow a young man named Michael as he simultaneously discovers himself and a secret realm hidden deep in the heart of London.
- Author BiographyMICHAEL MOORCOCK, widely acknowledged as one of the premiere masters of SF and fantasy and selected by The Times of London as one of the fifty greatest British writers since 1945, is the author of dozens of works of SF, fantasy, and mainstream fiction. He has received the World Fantasy Award for life achievement and was named a Science Fiction Writers of America Grand Master in 2008. He lives in Texas.
- Author(s)Michael Moorcock
- PublisherTor Books
- Date of Publication29/12/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleSanctuary of the White Friars
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTor Books
- Weight454 g
- Width145 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.