Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.68Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $21.57
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
About this product
- DescriptionTracy couldn't have imagined a worse start to her freshman year. The weekend before she's supposed to start school at the recently integrated Mason High in Bakersfield, Alabama, a fatal car accident threatens the fragile peace her town has experienced since it was forced to desegregate. Maybe it's an omen, but Tracy is determined t to let it slow her down. With segregation slowly dying across the South, she sees change happening and is determined to use it to her advantage. Tracy dreams of making it to Harvard, and she won't let anything stop her from becoming an Ivy League-trained lawyer. Aware of the amount of dedication and personal sacrifice it will take to achieve this goal, she is willing to give up weekends out, and is prepared for her teachers, friends, and even family to stand in her way. What she hasn't counted on, however, is falling in love. Derek doesn't kw what he wants from the future. Lacking ambition, and happily settled in Bakersfield, the only thing the two of them seem to have in common is their dislike for each other. When a high school project forces them to work together, Tracy finds herself falling for him. But in her quest to achieve the impossible, there's room for deviation or compromise-and there's certainly room for love. As Tracy struggles with her developing feelings, she realizes that in life, it's never as simple as black and white.
- Author(s)Jacqueline White
- Date of Publication03/05/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight671 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.