Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $22.33Trending at AU $24.52
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.60
- AU $40.99Trending at AU $51.68
- AU $21.49Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $18.99Trending at AU $22.85
- AU $30.87Trending at AU $36.11
About this product
- DescriptionA warm day in Dublin, a crowded street corner. Suddenly, a car-bomb explodes, killing and injuring scores of incent people. From the second-floor window of a building across the street, a visiting American watches, helpless, as his beloved wife and children are sacrificed in the heat and fire of someone else's cause. From this shocking beginning, the author of the phemenal Dune series has created a masterpiece. The White Plague is a marvelous and terrifyingly plausible blend of fiction and visionary theme. It tells of one man's revenge, of the man watching from the window who is pushed over the edge of sanity by the senseless murder of his family and who, reappearing several months later as the so-called Madman, unleashes a terrible vengeance upon the human race. For John Roe O'Neill is a molecular biologist who has the kwledge, and w the motivation, to devise and disseminate a genetically carried plague-a plague to which, like those that scourged mankind centuries ago, there is antidote, but one that zeros in, unerringly and fatally, on women. As the world slowly recognizes the reality of peril, as its politicians and scientists strive desperately to save themselves and their society from the prospect of human extinction, so does Frank Herbert grapple with one of the great themes of contemporary life: the ermous dangers that lurk at the dark edges of science. The White Plague is a prophetic, believable, and utterly compelling vel.
- Author BiographyFrank Herbert's most popular works are the well-known Dune books: Dune, Dune Messiah, Children of Dune, and the extraordinary bestseller God Emperor of Dune. Scott Brick has recorded over five hundred audiobooks, won over forty AudioFile Earphones Awards, and twice received Audie Awards for his work. Scott was chosen as Publishers Weekly's 2007 Narrator of the Year, and he has been named a Golden Voice by AudioFile magazine.
- Author(s)Frank Herbert
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication22/12/2008
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date17/04/2017
- Weight74 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Scott Brick
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time1230
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.