Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $46.67
- AU $35.57Trending at AU $38.74
- AU $12.61Trending at AU $12.87
- AU $20.05Trending at AU $27.70
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $51.28
- AU $17.59Trending at AU $20.19
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $16.29
About this product
- DescriptionVeuve Clicquot champagne epitomizes glamour, style, and luxury. But who was this young widow-the Veuve Clicquot-whose champagne sparkled at the courts of France, Britain, and Russia, and how did she rise to celebrity and fortune?In The Widow Clicquot, Tilar J. Mazzeo brings to life for the first time the fascinating woman behind the iconic yellow label: Barbe-Nicole Clicquot Ponsardin. A young witness to the dramatic events of the French Revolution and a new widow during the chaotic years of the Napoleonic Wars, Barbe-Nicole defied convention by assuming-after her husband's death-the reins of the fledgling wine business they had nurtured. Steering the company through dizzying political and financial reversals, she became one of the world's first great businesswomen and one of the richest women of her time.Although the Widow Clicquot is still a legend in her native France, her story has never been told in all its richness-until w. Painstakingly researched and elegantly written, The Widow Clicquot provides a glimpse into the life of a woman who arranged clandestine and perilous champagne deliveries to Russia one day and entertained Napoleon and Josephine Bonaparte on ather. She was a daring and determined entrepreneur, a bold risk taker, and an audacious and intelligent woman who took control of her own destiny when fate left her on the brink of financial ruin. Her legacy lives on today, t simply through the famous product that still bears her name, but w through Mazzeo's finely crafted book. As much a fascinating journey through the process of making this temperamental wine as a biography of a uniquely tempered woman, The Widow Clicquot is utterly intoxicating.
- Author BiographyTilar J. Mazzeo is a cultural historian, biographer, and passionate student of wine and food culture. A member of the International Food, Wine, and Travel Writers Association, she divides her time between the California wine country and Maine, where she is an assistant professor of English at Colby College. Susan Ericksen is an actress who performs on stage and television. An Audie Award and AudioFile Earphones Award winner, Susan has recorded many audiobooks, including Naked in Death by J. D. Robb and Savannah Blue by Mary Kay Andrews.
- Author(s)Tilar J. Mazzeo
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication06/04/2009
- SubjectBiography: Business
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight72 g
- Width135 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Narrator(s)Susan Ericksen
- Format DetailsMP3 format
- Running Time600
- Edition StatementUnabridged
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.