All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.89Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.74Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.25Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.54Trending at AU $45.36
About this product
- DescriptionLittle Teeka thought she had to be firm with the reindeer to get them ready for Santa's important flight, but when her bossy yelling only got their antlers tangled up, she knew she had to try something different. Beautifully conceived and finely wrought . -- Booklist (starred review) Brett's precise, glowing illustrations, drawing on Swedish folk art, make this a beguiling Advent calendar of a book . -- Kirkus Reviews [A] sweet Christmas fantasy that shows Brett at her best . -- Publishers Weekly This tale with its humorous close-ups of stubborn reindeer and a sharp child protagonist should prove popular at story hours . -- School Library Journal
- Author BiographyWith over thirty four million books in print, Jan Brett is one of the nation's foremost author illustrators of children's books. Jan lives in a seacoast town in Massachusetts, close to where she grew up. During the summer her family moves to a home in the Berkshire Hills of Massachusetts.As a child, Jan Brett decided to be an illustrator and spent many hours reading and drawing. She says, I remember the special quiet of rainy days when I felt that I could enter the pages of my beautiful picture books. Now I try to recreate that feeling of believing that the imaginary place I'm drawing really exists. The detail in my work helps to convince me, and I hope others as well, that such places might be real. </p>As a student at the Boston Museum School, she spent hours in the Museum of Fine Arts. It was overwhelming to see the room-size landscapes and towering stone sculptures, and then moments later to refocus on delicately embroidered kimonos and ancient porcelain, she says. I'm delighted and surprised when fragments of these beautiful images come back to me in my painting. </p>Travel is also a constant inspiration. Together with her husband, Joe Hearne, who is a member of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, Jan visits many different countries where she researches the architecture and costumes that appear in her work. From cave paintings to Norwegian sleighs, to Japanese gardens, I study the traditions of the many countries I visit and use them as a starting point for my children's books. </p>
- Author(s)Jan Brett
- PublisherPutnam Publishing Group,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/09/1998
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPutnam Publishing Group,U.S.
- Out-of-print date10/10/2009
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight159 g
- Width260 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Edition StatementReprinted edition
- Reading Age4-8
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.