All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRobinson Jeffers (1887-1962) is t only the greatest poet that the American West has produced but also a major poet of the twentieth century in the tradition of American prophetic poetry. This anthology serves as an introduction to Jeffers's work for the general reader and for students in courses on American poetry. Jeffers composed each volume of his verse around one or two long narrative or dramatic poems. The Wild God of the World follows this practice: in it, Cawdor, one of Jeffers's most powerful narratives, is surrounded by a representative selection of shorter poems. At the end of the book, the editor has provided revealing statements about Jeffers's poetry and poetics, and about his philosophy of nature and human nature.
- Author BiographyAlbert Gelpi is William Robertson Coe Professor of American Literature, Emeritus, at Stanford University. Among his many books is The Letters of Robert Duncan and Denise Levertov (Edited with Robert Bertholf); (Stanford, Forthcoming).
- Author(s)Robinson Jeffers
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2003
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Weight290 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byAlbert Gelpi
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.89
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.