All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe Textual Appendix includes tes on the vel's textual history and lists all substantive revisions that James made to the vel, both in 1902 and in1909. The Author and the Novel, introduced by editorial commentary and new to the Second Edition, includes selections from James's tebooks, letters, travel books, and autobiographical writings, which illuminate his conception and assessment of The Wings of the Dove. Criticism reflects the lively interpretive and theoretical writing that The Wings of the Dove has enjoyed since the previous edition was published in 1978. Eleven essays are included, seven of them new to the Second Edition, including Anthony J. Mazzella's piece on film adaptation. A Chrology and Selected Bibliography are also included.
- Author BiographyJ. Donald Crowley was Professor Emeritus of English at the University of Missouri. He was historical editor of The Centenary Edition of Nathaniel Hawthorne's Tales and Sketches and editor of Hawthorne: The Critical Heritage and of the Oxford World Classics Robinson Crusoe. Richard A. Hocks is Professor Emeritus of English and Catherine Paine Middlebush Chair of Humanities at the University of Missouri. He is the author of Henry James and Pragmatistic Thought, Henry James: A Study of the Short Fiction, and The Ambassadors: Consciousness, Culture, Poetry. A National Book Award nominee, he served as President of the Henry James Society during the novelist's sesquicentennial year.
- Author(s)Henry James
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication18/09/2002
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleNorton Critical Editions
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight600 g
- Width132 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Volume editorJ.Donald Crowley,Richard A. Hocks
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.