Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.83
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.08
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.00
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.39
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.85
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.67
About this product
- DescriptionA fictional imagining of the gentle but troubled zealot William Cowper--best kwn as a precursor to Romantics such as Wordsworth and Burns--Brian Lynch's The Winner of Sorrow brings to life the mind and times of an eighteenth-century poet. Intense and exhilarating, this is literary fiction at its finest--the reader will be hard-pressed t to rush ahead to see what happens next. Yet you'll want to savor every word as Lynch traces Cowper's tragic descent into madness, which is presented matter-of-factly so that the vel is t sentimental but austere, t precious but serious, and yet, remarkably, lively, sensuous, and blackly comic.
- Author BiographyBrian Lynch was born in 1945 in Dublin, where he still lives. Samuel Beckett nominated him for election to Aosd na in 1983, praising his exceptional talent .
- Author(s)Brian Lynch
- PublisherDalkey Archive Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNormal, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDalkey Archive Press
- Weight454 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.